Error - No module named rtmidi2 - alexmacrae version from Github

R
Rajiv Deo posted Nov 9 '17, 06:25:

I am using alexmacrae's version pulled from Github. I am getting following error

Line 33 samplerbox.py

import rtmidi2

Any help? suggestion? comment?

A
AlexM posted Nov 10 '17, 07:15:

Are you sure rtmidi2 is installed?

On the command line execute the following:
cd /root
git clone https://github.com/gesellkammer/rtmidi2
cd rtmidi2
python setup.py install
cd ..
rm -rf rtmidi2

R
rajivdeo posted Nov 14 '17, 08:49:

thanks. I had to install cython and libasoun2-dev before running setup.py

setup.py gives two warnings - strict prototypes not valid for c++ and comparing signed and unsigned expressions

R
rajivdeo posted Nov 14 '17, 08:51:

read libasound2-dev instead of libasoun2-dev
sorry for typo

R
rajivdeo posted Nov 17 '17, 17:04:

File "/root/SamplerBox/modules/sound.py" line 11
import alsaaudio
no module alsaaudio

on
pip install alsaaudio

red error

Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for alsaaudio

please help...

R
rajivdeo posted Nov 18 '17, 05:01:

now next error ...

file /root/SamplerBox/modules/hd44780_sys_1.py line 45 in_init __ from rplcd import cursormode

importerror: cannot import name cursormode

help?

H
HansEhv posted Nov 18 '17, 12:53:

It seems the script does not relate to the image you're using. In itself not a problem, but it requires some more python knowledge than needed for basic installation.

R
Rajiv Deo posted Nov 20 '17, 05:38:

I need SamplerBox image with Velocity sensitivity, Pitch Bend and Samples Randomization features.

As I did not find latest alexmacrae's image of SamplerBox, I started building one using a fresh updated and upgraded install of
RASPBIAN STRETCH LITE
Minimal image based on Debian Stretch
Version:September 2017
Release date:2017-09-07
Kernel version:4.9

I pulled alexmacrae's version from Github using git command. Installed every package required as and when different errors were thrown while trying to run "python samplerbox.py" as root.

Now stuck at rplcd import cursormode - cannot import name cursormode

Please help to overcome this and subsequent(?) errors...

H
HansEhv posted Nov 20 '17, 22:59:

Hi Rajiv,
Why don't you try Alex's image as he describes in the installation chapter of his docs: http://samplerbox.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
His docs contain many more things that may save you time.
Hope this helps

G
Glenn posted Nov 21 '17, 01:42:

The "rplcd" import seems like it stands for Raspberry Pi LCD. Probably some package for writing to the character LCD display.

Maybe try this image (from link on Alex's page: http://samplerbox.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html)

http://www.samplerboxshop.com/2017-05-17_samplerbox.img.zip

R
Rajiv Deo posted Nov 21 '17, 11:04:

I have difficulty in getting the randomization feature work out of this ready to use image. Samples do not get loaded if I add %seq in definition.txt

A
AlexM posted Nov 22 '17, 05:12:

Hey Rajiv,

Name some files using this convention:

60-1.wav
60-2.wav
60-3.wav
60-4.wav

60 being the midinote (C4, although we'll fill all notes with this sample) and the following number being the %seq value.

And now your definition.txt:

%%velmode=Sample
%%fillnotes=Y
%midinote-%seq.wav
R
Rajiv Deo posted Nov 23 '17, 12:30:

Thanks for quickly responding. How the definition file would look if we want to add both velocity based layering and randomization?

say --->

my sample files are :-

60-80-1.wav
60-80-2.wav
60-80-3.wav
60-100-.wav
60-120-1.wav
60-120-2.wav
61-80-.wav
61-100-.wav
62--1.wav
62--2.wav
63--3.wav

will following definition file work?

%midinote-%velocity-%seq.wav

A
AlexM posted Nov 23 '17, 13:01:

Some of those lines will be ignored because they are missing numbers - unless those lines are typos. For 62--1.wav you would add the line %midinote--%seq.wav. Can you try naming your files the way I suggested in the post before to help eliminate some factors?

R
Rajiv Deo posted Nov 23 '17, 16:46:

How to fix/disable following error? - not using HIFIberry.

codec DAI pcm512x-hi fi not registered

R
Rajiv Deo posted Nov 23 '17, 16:50:

Alex,

Regarding sample definition and file naming -

sample for midi note 62 is only randomized should be played for all velocities. How do I name that file?

Sample for midi note 61 is not randomized but different samples should be triggered for different velocities. How do I name that file?

Would be great if you could enumerate correct file names and definition file which would work with your image.

T
Tipsy Bajaj posted Aug 2 '18, 09:47:

Wonderful post!!! Genuinely loved this kind of post. Although I want much more information on like precious subject matter.
http://www.bangalorehotcallgirls.in

M
Muskan posted Oct 29 '20, 11:07:

I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.
muskanpatel.com

(not published)
  I want to post as guest